Ice Cream Cupcakes
- 120g unsalted butter
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 110g self raising flour
- 12 wafer ice cream cone
- 140g unsalted butter
- 280g icing sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Hundreds and thousands
- Glacier cherries
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate chips
- Cupcake tin
- Cupcake cases
- Mixing bowl
- Electric whisk
- Piping bag and star nozzle
- Preheat Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/ gas mark 4
- Line the cupcake tin with cases.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Slowly beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Sieve in the flour.
- Put about 2 tsps worth of mixture per case, you don’t want them to be too full so that they spill out of the cases and go all over the cones.
- Place the Cones on top of the cupcakes upside down and cook for 10-12 minutes. You could be able to tell when they are done buy the bottom of the cupcake seeming solid.
- Once they are cooked allow to cool, and make the butter icing.
- Simply mix the butter, icing sugar and vanilla together until combined. If you want to make half your icing chocolate, divide into two bowls here, and add a tablespoon of cocoa powder here.
- When the cakes are nice and cool, using a flat knife lightly cover the cake part.
- Next using the piping bag ice the cakes in a circular motion, starting from the bottom and going around to the top. Decorate as you wish and repeat!