Good For You Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Not only is this delicious but its almost good for you! Which I think is hard to imagine when you think how indulgent the Ben and Jerry’s version is, although completely amazing. The great thing about the Ice cream part of this is that it literally takes seconds, and it’s perfect for a cozy night in!
- 5 bananas
- 30g stevia
- 35g low fat spread (I used clover light)
- 60g of plain flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 80g of dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
- Chopping board and knife
- Stick blender
- Cut your bananas into small chunks and place in the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Blend the stevia into a fine powder, until it looks like icing sugar.
- Mix the stevia in with the low fat spread, flour, vanilla essence and chocolate chunks. It will then form a thick dough.
- At this point roll them into small balls and place in the freezer.
- Just before you are ready to serve your ice cream, take the bananas out of the freezer leave them for about 5 minutes so you can blend them easily. Then blend them with the stick blender and you will see it turn into beautiful rich creamy ice cream!
- Finally simply stir in the cookie dough balls, and voila!