Oriental Mango Salad
This recipe is so fresh, light and delicious that its great for the summer or if you’re just looking for something a bit daintier! If you want to make it a bit fuller and more or a hearty meal, then you can add some prawns, which I would cook in lemon and a little garlic.
- 1 Mango
- 1 Red Pepper
- ½ Cucumber
- ½ a limes’ zest, and all the juice
- thumb sized piece of ginger (frozen)
- 5 stems of coriander
- 2 tbsps of desiccated coconut
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Zester, I thoroughly recommend the microplane
- Chop the mango and red pepper into chopsticks and the cucumber into half moons.
- Then roll the lime under your hand for a minute or so, this warms it up and lets the flavours release better. Then zest half of it and juice all of it.
- I have suggested frozen ginger, here because it means that you can grate it which makes it so much easier and quicker than having to bother with chopping it finely. However obviously you don’t have to do it this way, in which case make sure the pieces are very fine!
- Finally mix all your ingredients together, you may want to add a little more lime/ginger, and voila!