Roasted Vegetable and Lentil Salad with Basil Dressing
This dish is a really filling salad full of flavour, great on it’s own or great as a side.
- Red Pepper
- ½ Aubergine
- 1 red onion
- 2 large red tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- handful of fresh basil
- 4 tbsps of olive oil
- 1 tsp of whole grain mustard
- 2 tsps of honey
- rocket to serve
- 100g of puy lentils
- 300 ml of chicken stock
- Roasting tray
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Preheat your oven to 210/190 fan/gas mark 6
- Chop your vegetables into chunky pieces, season and lightly coat them in olive oil. Then place them on the roasting tray and cook them for about 45mins-1hour until they are beautifully roasted.
- Whilst the vegetables are cooking, simmer the lentils and stock on a low heat for about 25 minutes until they are cooked and have absorbed all the liquid – keep and eye on them as they may need a little more water.
- To make the dressing, mix together the rest of the olive oil, mustard, basil, garlic and honey.
- Once everything is ready leave it to cool for about 10 minutes – it’s best served either warm of cold as if it’s too hot the rocket will wilt when you mix it all together.