Summer Chicken and Fennel Salad
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsps of oregano
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh mint, finely sliced
- 1/3 bulb of fennel, sliced
- 5-8 tomkin tomatoes (you can swap these for another variety if you can’t find them)
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 3 spring onions sliced
- 1 tbsp of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 a bag of mixed leaves
- drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Roasting tray
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- mixing bowl
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/ gas 4/ fan 160°C.
- Sprinkle your chicken breasts with oregano and season. Place on a large piece of foil and parcel them up so that there is a bit of space for steam. This will keep the chicken breasts very moist.
- Whilst your chicken is cooking, slice your courgettes drizzle them with a little coconut oil and add them into the oven. Turning them over after about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime prepare the rest of your ingredients and mix them all in a bowl.
- Once the chicken and courgettes have cooked, leave them to cool for 5 minutes and then slice it up and serve it with the salad.