Tomato, Red Pepper and Basil Soup
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- ½ a red onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 vegetable stock cube dissolved in 150 ml of water
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of muscavado sugar
- A couple of sprigs of fresh basil, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Saucepan and wooden spoon
- Measuring jug
- Put your saucepan on a low heat and sweat the onions and garlic together for a couple of minutes, then add the pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes when it will start to soften.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients at this point withholding a couple of the basil leaves for decoration.
- Leave this to simmer for 10-15 minutes and voila. This is such a flavoursome soup great as a starter or a main with some lovely toasted sourdough bread on the side.