Griddled Aubergine and Courgette Salad with Parmesan Crisps
- 1 Courgette, sliced lengthways
- 1/2 an Aubergine, sliced widthways
- 75g of parmesan, finely grated
- 1/2 bag of mixed leaves
- small bunch of basil
- a handful of flaked almonds
- olive oil to drizzle on top
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
- chopping board and sharp knife
- zester – I have a microplane which are just amazing
- frying pan
- griddle pan
- small pastry cutter – desired size for parmesan crisps
- lined baking tray
- Firstly preheat your oven to 180 conventional/160 fan/ gas mark 4.
- Assemble your grated cheese into the cutter, you should aim to make about 6. I prefer to grate mine directly into the cutter, but you may prefer the other way. They should be 3-5 mm thick.
- Bake them for about 8 minutes until they are a light gold.
- Heat your griddle pan on a high heat. Whilst this is heating up, lightly coat both sides of your vegetables with coconut oil and season.
- Cook the vegetables for a couple of minutes on each side so you achieve the nice lines on them.
- Meanwhile on a medium heat, place the almonds in a dry pan and cook for a couple of minutes until they are golden brown. Make sure you are tossing them so they don’t burn, or only cook on one side.
- Now all your components are ready and you just need to decoratively arrange them. I like to leave the basil leaves hole, but you may prefer to slice them. Finely drizzle with olive oil just before serving and voila!