Lemon Cod with Basil Pea Mash, Sweet Potato wedges and Sundried Tomatoes
This is a lovely hearty recipe, but it’s also very light with the delicate cod and flavoursome pea mash – also looks very impressive despite its’ ease! Ingredients
- 2 pieces of cod fillet
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 350g of peas
- 2 medium cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 sprigs of basil, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into wedges
- 1 portion of sundried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Roasting tray with foil
- Zester (juicer optional)
- Stick blender
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- Chef ring (optional)
- Firstly you will need to pre-make some of these delicious homemade sundried tomatoes. I like to make them in big batches and then I will always have some in the fridge.
- Next, preheat your oven to 180 conventional/ 160 fan/ gas mark 4
- Season your sweet potato wedges, drizzle them in oil and cook them for about 30-40 minutes until cooked.
- Season the cod and scatter the lemon juice on top as well as sprinkling the zest. If you place the cod in the middle of a large piece of foil and roll up all the edges to create a parcel (you need to leave space for steam to be created) this will keep the cod nice and moist. The cod will only take about 15-20 minutes to cook – so bear that in mind and don’t put it in too early!
- Once the cod has been in the oven for about 10 minutes, start boiling your peas. When they are cooked, this should take no longer than 5 minutes, simply drain them, add your garlic and basil and blend them together and finally season to taste. I like mine being a bit lumpy however you may decide that you prefer it finer and more like a pea puree.
- At this point everything should be ready to take out the oven, and then you can assemble it as you wish. To make it look like the photo you will need a chef ring. Just pat in all the ingredients quite tightly so it forms a sturdy base for the cod. If you are feeling particularly fancy, sprinkle the plate with micro herbs – I’ve used garlic cress.