Apple and Orange Baked Oat Pudding
This pudding is very filling but also a great source of fibre so can be great as an alternative brunch dish as well as a pudding. As long as you keep the basics the same, you could do variations on the flavours such as blubbery and lemon, or banana and date.
- 75 g oats
- 200 ml skimmed milk – you could use any variety here almond milk would work well too.
- 1 1/2 tbsps of chia seeds
- 1 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Seville orange extract – if you can’t find this you can use half the zest of an orange
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsps of stevia
- 1/2 an apple, sliced
- a handful of flaked almonds
- ceramic dish
- measuring jug
- chopping board and sharp knife
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas 4/ fan 160°C
- Whisk up your egg, milk, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla and orange essence.
- Pour this over your oats and chia seeds and mix them all together. Allow this to absorb for about 10 minutes.
- Decoratively arrange your apple and flaked almonds on top and cook for 15 – 20 minutes until it is golden brown on the top.
- And voila! Works well served with berries and Greek yogurt for brunch; or with vanilla ice cream for pudding.