Meat Free Monday!
Quorn Ramen Noodle Soup
This is a gorgeous and light meal (only about 270 kcal per portion!) but is also easy, quick and meat free!
There has been a lot of things in the press over the last couple of years stating that not only is it beneficial for your health to have a day or two off meat per week because of chloestrol levels, but it can also quite dramatically reduce your carbon footprint – although obviously if you are eating fruit and vegetables really out of season this is also going affect it.
If you are interested in learning more, have a quick read of this article which is quite easy to digest: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/28/eating-less-meat-save-planet-dietary-guidelines
Ingredients – serves 2
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 200g of quorn
- 2 tbsps of grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 of a fresh chili, finely chopped
- a couple of handfuls of fresh spinach
- 400 ml of vegetable stock
- 1 nest of rice noodles
- fresh corriander, finely chopped
- large saucepan, wooden spoon
- chopping board and sharp knife
- measuring jug
- Place the oil, ginger, garlic and chili in a pan on a low heat and cook for a couple of minutes – you’ll start to get a really lovely aroma.
- add in the quorn and cook for a further couple of minutes so that the flavours really infuse with the quorn.
- Add the stock and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes. Finally add the spinach and the rice noodles just before serving as they will only take about 2 minutes to cook. Garnish with corriander and voila!