Roasted Butternut Squash with Garlic and Tahini Dip
This is a great and filling snack which could also be served as a side dish for a BBQ or great for a vegetarian starter. Butternut squash is full of antioxidant carotenoids which protect your body’s cells from free-radical damage, therefore great to fight cancerous cells and skin aging.
- 1/2 a medium butternut squash, sliced width ways
- sprinkling of sage
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 100g of greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 tsp of tahini
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Sharp knife and chopping board
- roasting tray
- stick blender (I used a nutribullet)
- Preheat your oven to 200 fan/ 220 convection/ gas mark 5
- Place the butternut squash on the roasting tray, season with sage, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for about 45 minutes, you may want to turn it over about 30 minutes through. Also put your garlic on the tray in their skin, but they should only take about 20 minutes.
- Whilst these are roasting, you can make your dip, simply blend all your ingredients together.
- These can be eaten warm or cold, which ever you prefer!