Ginger, Honey and Soy Glazed Chicken with Carrot and Lime Salad
- 25og of grated carrots
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of poppy seeds
- 5 tbsp of soy sauce
- juice of 1 orange
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 – 2 tbsp of fresh chopped coriander
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tbsp of fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- chopping board and sharp knife
- 1 medium bowl
- Roasting tray lined with baking paper
- frying pan
- Firstly make the marinade for the chicken, place 4 tbsp of soy sauce, the ginger, honey and coconut oil in a bowl and mix. Place the chicken in the and cover it with the marinade. Leave for an hour or more for the flavours to infuse stirring occasionally to make sure all the meat is covered.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and stir and that’s your salad done!
- Preheat the oven to 160 fan/ 180 convectional/ gas mark 4
- Once your your chicken has marinated, seal the chicken by heating your frying pan up on a high heat. Cook the chicken on each side for a couple of minutes until it crisps up.
- Then cook in the oven for about 15 – 20 minutes until cooked through – you will know this when the juices run clear.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking place the rest of the marinade in the frying pan and cook it for a couple of minutes allowing it to thicken it slightly.
- Slice up the chicken to serve, drizzle your sauce on and voila!