Easter Bounty Bunnies
- 100g of self raising flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 20g of cocoa powder
- 140g caster sugar
- 40g of unsalted butter
- 120 ml of coconut milk (I used koko)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 100g of butter
- 200g of icing sugar
- about 200g of desiccated coconut
- 9 white marshmallows, sliced diagonally
- pink food dye
- 9 pine nuts
- 2 squares of milk chocolate (melted)
- cupcake tin
- electric mixer/ electric whisk and bowl
- measuring jug and fork
- Preheat your oven to 190/ 170/ gas mark 4
- Line your cake tins by greasing the tin and then coating with a thin layer of flour.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa and butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs.
- Mix the milk, egg and vanilla essence separately. Once fully combined add it to the dry mixture and mix thoroughly and evenly divide it into the cake tin and cook for 10-12 minutes until springy to the touch.
- Whilst the cakes are in the oven make the icing by mixing the icing and butter.
- Put the coconut in a small but deep bowl.
- Leave the cakes to cool.
- Cover the sides and the top of the cakes with a thin layer of icing. Place the two ears on the top and then coat with desiccated coconut and repeat!
- Finally to make them look a bit more bunny like, mix the pine nuts in the chocolate and attach them as the noises. Then for the pinks of the ears mix the excess coconut with a couple of drops of food dye; sprinkle in the centre of the ears and voila you have your bunnies!