This is a great recipe for brunch. Not only is it quick and only uses one pan, but you can also pack it with as many vegetables as you’d like – making it an excellent way to start the day.
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of fresh chilli finely chopped (depending on how much you like spice!)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 5 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- handful of sliced kale
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- frying pan
- chopping board and sharp knife
- Place the oil in the pan on a medium heat. Sauté the onions, chilli and garlic for a couple of minutes. Next add your pepper and tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes until everything has softened.
- When adding the kale I like to add a couple of tablespoons of boiling water as this just cooks it nice and quickly and gets that vibrant green colour.
- Make a hole in the centre of the pan and crack your eggs into it. These will take about 4 minutes to cook. Whilst they are cooking remember to keep an eye on your vegetables on the side as these may begin to catch.
- Season the dish and voila – your very own Mexican feast!